Today I’m pointing to a fun post from Half Price Books that will bring back some memories and hopefully make some new ones. 50 Greatest Love Stories Ever Told (in a book) by Meredith celebrated “Kiss and Make Up” Day on August 25.
I like book lists. It’s fun to look through them and pick the ones you’ve read and want to read, or to wonder how in the world the author came up with that one to add to the list. Although they are usually somewhat subjective, sometimes I wonder, “What were they thinking?” It’s interesting to read the comments, too, and either chuckle, growl, or nod my virtual head at ‘omissions’ and ‘additions.’
- I love the “Have You Read?” section in Bookmarks Magazine, which includes themed lists sent in by readers.
- I adore Flashlight Worthy Books, a web site full of handpicked book recommendations by readers; it’s a terrific resource.
- The Listmania feature on Amazon.com is touch and go, but contains some real gems.
- I don’t use the Library Thing Zeigeist feature as much as I used to, but it can be extremely handy for finding books, authors, genres, and users in several different ways.
- Goodreads has its own version of Listopia that is a very effective tool for finding old favorites and new possibilities.
Have fun with the lists, and please let me know if you have more to add.
|From “50 Greatest Love Stories Ever Told (in a book)” on the HPB blog|
© Jan McClintock of We Need More Shelves