I’ve been reading (ahem…) about book challenges this week and remembering my previous attempts to keep up with them. I’m fairly sure I failed 90 percent of the time. Regardless, I’m ready to take one on again!
What’s that you ask? “Why would you do that again, given your track record?” I enjoyed the 2018 Reading Challenge at Goodreads, and I did well, for a change. Maybe I’m flushed with my success and ready to repeat it.
Whatever the reason, I’m doing something a little different—at least, for me.
One of the (many) things I love about reading is actually the acquisition of the books. I love buying books of all kinds and keeping track of them. I have hundreds of unread books in my Kindle Library and quite a few in my Audible library. For 2019, I want to read books I ALREADY OWN. Thus, I’m borrowing the To-Be-Read (TBR) Challenge from other sources for myself.
The following books I have already acquired are on my reading list for 2019:
- Quite Ready To Be Sent Somewhere: The Civil War Letters Of Aldace Freeman Walker by
- Born a Crime: Stories from a South African Childhood by Trevor Noah [audiobook] [COMPLETE]
- The Forever Life (The Forever Series Book 1) by
- The Curious Charms of Arthur Pepper by Phaedra Patrick [audiobook] [COMPLETE]
- The Sisters Brothers by
- A Journey Through Texas, Or, A Saddle-trip on the Southwestern Frontier (1857) by
- Dread Nation by Justina Ireland [audiobook] [COMPLETE]
- The Extraordinary Life of Sam Hell: A Novel by
- Then She Was Gone: A Novel by Lisa Jewell [audiobook] [COMPLETE]
- Into Africa: The Epic Adventures of Stanley and Livingstone by
- Forsaken Kingdom (The Last Prince Book 1) by
- Crow Hollow by Michael Wallace [audiobook]
Updates to come…